Monday, April 19, 2010

Sakura Festival: 2010

This time I did get sleep! OMG right!? But despite getting sleep I was still worn out by the end of the evening. Woke up around 7am to meet up with a group of cosplayers at 9am. Arrived after our (Jon and I’s) roommate (Rhett) dropped us off, thanks again Rhett. Met up with ININ and Elite Slayer, talked a little met up with a few other cosplayers and headed to Civic Center after eating breakfast at May’s Coffee.

On the way to the Civic Center I nearly had a wardrobe malfunction and I got catcalls from women and men both. ._. Kinda disturbing really. But anyway we arrived at the Civic Center with Blizzard Terrak and immediately we got stopped by people to take pics of us. Kei was the first actually and asked me to do a rather awesome pose. Thanks for being patient with me I was kind of derpy, Kei. ^^ Then a group of photographers came up and I was standing in said position 5-10 mins and my poor knee wanted to give out by that point.

Met up with Gloria (Cosplaying Matagari) and hung out with her and her friends. Saw Hanyaan and EBK, took some more photos, wandered around taking photos and getting photos taken which is why I only had near 60 pics. Met up with a neat Miku and Kaito… Saw Natalie and Maria, and Jason and San (I keep forgetting your name my apologies), and Celina, Julie and Mel had creepers come up to me and well yeah. Most of the time I hung out with people taking photos with them.

Lots of pics were taken and soon we went to the parade, by this point my poor blisters had blisters. Walked the route, heard people shout out for BLACK ROCK SHOOTER!! Which was awesome, and then a guy walked up and started playing our theme song, it was awesome. After the parade we went to eat with Blizzard and Jorge and Gloria and her friends.

Lunch took forever to get but hey it was busy. Then we walked around a bit, I met up with Jessica and we had a photoshoot, Ben and Michael met up with us there too. It was a lot of fun… And after a while we parted ways with Ben and the rest of us headed to the BART… Where a drunk woman came up to Michael and was like “IS DAT SWORD REAL!? *Grab!*” Poor Michael was very surprised. Then the woman came to me and was all “IS DAT YO REAL HAIR!?” I was like “Uh… No… *hobbles toward BART in her stillettos trying to evade crazy woman*”

We parted ways with Gloria and rode home on BART with Blizzard and had Rhett pick us up. Overall it was a wonderful time despite my exhaustion.

Pros: +Met awesome people
+Hung out with friends
+Amazing experience
+Had fans as BRS
+Parade was fun

Cons: -Creepers
-Catcalls
-Weirdos
-Heat
-Exhaustion
-Blisters

Overall & Stars:***** Just a wonderful time I will be going again.

Also: SHOUT OUTS TO EVERYONE I DID NOT MENTION!
*Also; sorry for disrupting you BartBoy- I hadn’t realized you were judging at the time. >< I feel really bad about that.
Images: http://www.flickr.com/photos/49034562@N04/sets/72157623769301777/

1 comment:

  1. =O You got pictures of my friend, Chris, and his girlfriend as Team Magma! I looked for them all day and never found them T_T

    ReplyDelete

When commenting please remember to use common sense! Keep all NC17 comments to yourself, do not advertise or troll/flame. Moderation is in place, however Anon is allowed.

Welcome!

Welcome to Foxberry's Con Report! Feel free to leave a little note or comment on any of my blogs. I will be reporting from local area Japanese Anime Conventions and various other events, so be sure to check in usually the day after an event!