Monday, October 12, 2009

Con Report: Anime Destiny 09

Hello again! I recently went to Anime Destiny this past Saturday. I would have posted the day after however I attended Fleet Week in SanFrancisco- which was a lot of fun! Even though it's not cosplay I'll post the link for the album below. However I'm not here to rate that event, but instead Anime Destiny, as my blog centers around Cosplay and Japanese Events for the most part. So let's get down to business, shall we?

Pros:
-Beautiful venue, absolutely loved the campus.
-Nice and spacious venue.
-Wonderful staff.
-Very funny and witty panels.
-Nice attendees.
-Had two wonderful photoshoots, one with Eurobeat King and the other with Conpix.net.
-Ate at a very yummy pizza place that was somewhere near the BART.
-Actual recognition for the costumes that Jon and I wore... Compared to the much larger SacAnime con.

Cons:
-Got lost trying to look for food.
-Map of campus and points of intrest/areas where to eat... VERY confusing.
-Somewhat of a "weak" con, but understandable considering it's the first year back.
-NOT many cosplayers and those that were cosplaying usually kept to their own group.
-Ended up missing taking photos of Diana in her costume... Was bummed about that.
-Pretty chilly, but that's my issue for wearing shorts, not the convention's.
-Panel room needed to be bigger.

Overall: Well despite the rather smallness of the convention, which I was expecting- I had a pretty good time. The campus was beautiful and I really enjoyed the two panels I attended. Con Etiquette- which is one of the panels I like to attend at each convention. The other was a Hentai panel, and was informative. I enjoyed the slow-paced feeling the convention had opposed to the massive and irritating time I had at SacAnime. Though if it wasnt the heat it was the coldness... I probably wore a costume I shouldn't have because it was so cold... I may not wear the Scout outfit for yaoi-con. That aside; I found it very odd that I got more recognition for the costume at AD than I did at sacAnime... Which made me dislike SacAnime even more if that was possible.

As for the troublesome things at the convention; aside from being a little bored here and there, I did find entertainment. I wasn't really happy that there were so few cosplayers but that wasn't the con's fault or the staffer's. One thing that did bother me was the map that I had from both AD's site and the one they gave me... It was VERY confusing and trying to find something to eat was troublesome. Jon and I got misplaced trying to find somewhere to eat and we ended up at a pizza place near the BART. I don't know if this was an issue with the map itself, or if it was just because the campus is confusing. But that was my biggest 'gripe'. I was looking forward to eating sushi and Japanese food but I couldn't find the place that was mentioned on the convention brochure.

Stars: **1/2 The same rating I gave for Kinyoobi, I would have given it three if I could have found the places I wanted to eat.


Anime Destiny Album: Anime Destiny
Anime Destiny Masquerade:   Masquerade
Fleet Week: Fleet Week 
FleetWeek Youtube1 FleetWeek Youtube2 FleetWeek Youtube3

No comments:

Post a Comment

When commenting please remember to use common sense! Keep all NC17 comments to yourself, do not advertise or troll/flame. Moderation is in place, however Anon is allowed.

Welcome!

Welcome to Foxberry's Con Report! Feel free to leave a little note or comment on any of my blogs. I will be reporting from local area Japanese Anime Conventions and various other events, so be sure to check in usually the day after an event!