Monday, October 12, 2009

Con Report: SacAnime Summer 09 (8/31/09)

Now that I'm rested up and a bit more relaxed from the convention, I can finally blog on it. I wanted to do it yesterday but I was exhausted from two days of utter hell and utter bliss. Overall my convention time was absolutely wonderful. It was one of my favorite cons thus far (granted I've only been to 3 but yeah). Did I love it more than Animazement? I really can't say that, nor can I say I liked it any less than AZ. Instead of ranting big and long, I'll list pros and cons of the eh, con! And elaborate upon them.

Pros:
-Got to enjoy the company from Mel and the gang.
-Met Diane, Andrew and many others!
-Got to hang out with my 'other' Hetalia group, from Kinyoobi.
-Met up with an awesome Beat and Rhyme from World Ends With You.

Cons:
-It was HOT as hell on Saturday... And I was wearing a non-zip hoodie and two pairs of pants and a hankercheif around my face.
-Tiny venue, apparently bigger than Scottish Rite but still. I'm surprised my Shinigami wings survived.
-STUPID STUPID idea of putting Artist Alley in the fucking hallway, where it was cramped to begin with.
-Idiot cosplayers/convention attendees: People who ran around and acted like morons, even more so than Animazement.
-Fucking nazi staff, HORRIBLE staff in my opinion. Things were NOT handled correctly in any shape or form. They were outright bitchy and snotty and sometimes I even wondered to myself were they drugged- some were very clueless in what they were doing. For instance: my boyfriend had his sword peace bonded and a woman ran up screaming at us demanding to know if it was real, even though she SAW it was previously peacebound. Another time we just wanted to get back to Aurora's hotel and we kind of stepped too close or something to the con before it was open on sunday, and we got our heads bit the hell off even after I told them that we just wanted to get to the hotel room and we were made to go all the way around the con just to get to the hotel room.
-At the rave, we could not leave and return... Making it IMPOSSIBLE for us to get water, nice going guys... Complete idiot mistake on staff's part. Finally they got water going, but INSIDE of the rave in the back in some dank corner... Stupid, STUPID idea.

the WTF and not sure if it is pros or cons:

-Was glomped from an Italy even though I was not in Germany's costume, I guess she thought I was, I was wearing a black tank and had olive green pants on (I was out of costume for my Shinigami). Never before have I been glomped, but I nearly was taken down to the floor, I'm a very tiny person so it kind of scared me. ;___; In the process of getting glomped my Hungary friend was injured upon the ankle, since I was thrown against her pretty much, she was sitting upon a sofa arm and I was standing.
-Jon bought me an Itachi plushie, which is now nicknamed "My Dick". Story went sorta like this: Jon bought me an Itachi plushie. I asked if he was cute... Jon said that Itachi was a dick... So I asked him if he wanted to hold my Dick. Jon said no. ;_;
-No one (except a few people maybe 2) realized who we were cosplaying on Sunday (Gokudera and Yamamoto). And here I thought that I would be more recognized lol. Even one person thought I was Sephiroth for some strange ass reason.
-Staff member thought my wings were a weapon and asked if I had them peace bound, I had to show her that they were wings and she was like 'oh so they are wings!'.
-My dynamite was NOT peace bound, but apparently crepe pans and the basket of flowers for a friend who was playing Aerith had to be peace bound.
-Rave had Miley Cyrus playing apparently...

Saturday overall: Very slow start, Jon and I were a bit irriated with the con at first and wondered if we had wasted 30$. After lunch (when I met my Cammy friend) things started to pick up and we ran into Aerith and Vincent who were going to cosplay Beat and Rhyme the next day, asked us to bring our costumes back since we were doing KHR for Sunday... Good thing we ran into them, cause that and hanging with Mel's friends made the con. Later on after we met Aerith and Vincent we ended up meeting up with Mel, Diane, Andrew, Celina, Julie and others. Hung out at the hotel room for a while, cooled down, then went back out, got glomped by Italy, returned to hotel room after talking with Kinyoobi Hetalia group, changed into rave kitty... Went back out, did a Beatles Congo-Line, which was awesome, even a Spy from TF2 joined in... But then we played "Get Back Jojo" and every man ran from the dance party. Little later, Diane almost got woosy from dancing to Beatles music... We returned her to her room, then we went to the rave, met back up with Cammy and stayed till 12, went back to our place for the night and passed out.

Sunday overall: Again pretty slow start, moreso than cosplaying TWEWY... No one seemed to realize or care what we were cosplaying (Gokudera and Yamamoto). Found some awesome Phoenix Wright cosplayers. Could never find Beat and Rhyme, we were sad... So we switched to our reaper costumes anyway cause of bad reception for KHR. Though! Rhyme found us! YEY! And then we had an awesome photoshoot, couldn't find a Neku but then found one right before she was going to leave. Hung out with them till we had to leave, packed up when we got back to Dixon, went to Tacobell and headed home. Did I ever miss you foggy Daly City!!

Convention overall & Stars: Despite the chaos that I listed above, overall I ABSOLUTELY loved this convention. We are heading back to SacWinter with some hope! Next con: Yaoi-Con!
**** Would have been more if we didn't have the issues that we had.

PhotoAlbum: SacAnimeSummer 09

No comments:

Post a Comment

When commenting please remember to use common sense! Keep all NC17 comments to yourself, do not advertise or troll/flame. Moderation is in place, however Anon is allowed.

Welcome!

Welcome to Foxberry's Con Report! Feel free to leave a little note or comment on any of my blogs. I will be reporting from local area Japanese Anime Conventions and various other events, so be sure to check in usually the day after an event!