Monday, October 12, 2009

Con Report: Kinyoobi 09 (8/10/09)

Well, Kin-Yoobi went pretty well. I'm overall happy with the 15$ that was spent. I got great deals on a good amount of doujin and other things. Thanks Jon for putting up with me that day. Overall I had 2hrs of sleep- if not less. After the con we went to the mall with a group of friends, people parted like the sea when they saw 3 ninja and two Axis powers... Was pretty funny. Instead of going through and stating everything that was good and bad, I summed it up below. However I did have an issue; and it was my fault. Apparently my binding slipped and it ended up bruising my ribs, never again will I use an acebandage.

Pros: Small amount of people
Got to meet up with a group of awesome hetalia fans
Awesome deals
Free food
Fun videogames; even though I had more fun watching people

Cons: Not much to do
DJ Sucked
Panels were weird, didn't seem to work out well.
Some irritating people
No airconditioning
15$ a little steep for what was there
Crappy, and I mean crappy rap
Lots of naruto music

Would I return for another year?: Honestly? ...Probably not. Unless I went later on in the day and spent less for what it was. I'm kind of on the fence on this one. I did like it, and I did like the atmosphere, but at the same time 15$ really wasn't worth it.

Overall Stars: **1/2 If you like extremely tiny cons and a laidback time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When commenting please remember to use common sense! Keep all NC17 comments to yourself, do not advertise or troll/flame. Moderation is in place, however Anon is allowed.

Welcome!

Welcome to Foxberry's Con Report! Feel free to leave a little note or comment on any of my blogs. I will be reporting from local area Japanese Anime Conventions and various other events, so be sure to check in usually the day after an event!