Monday, October 12, 2009

Event Report: J-Pop Summit (8/17/09)

So the J-Pop Summit went pretty well. Overall I was happy with the entire thing, however I'm also pretty damn bummed as well.

1.) I was not able to see Amano nor was I able to get his autograph because I was royally screwed over, but one of my roommates and my boyfriend got his signature.
2.) I missed the gothic lolita panel- I was stuck the f'ck outside because of stupidity known as NO ORGANIZATION at the summit.
3.) It was hot as hell and I decided to wear my goth gear, black corset and skirt.
4.) I was told that they were having Sake SAMPLES, they were not free.
5.) Almost lost my foot to a gate some fucking staff member dragged over my foot and tore my hose with.
6.) Got yelled at staff members for being confused- when it was their fucking fault that no organization was taking place.

Now I come to the most depressing thing.

6.) Jon LOST the tote bag that had his book he bought and had Amano sign it. Further the tote bag had my program from Distant Worlds in it, had my cute fox post cards I got and a brand new manga I barely got to even read. And some douche bag decided to STEAL the tote from where he left it. Hope they burn in hell. We ended up in SF to nearly 11pm and I was overall exhausted and tired and irritated with the entire thing and was trying to keep the boyfriend from emoing all over the place when he was the first person to get Amano's signature and lose the damn thing.

The good parts?:

1.) Got to chill with Mel!! That was a lot of fun.
2.) Got to taste very good sake.
3.) Ate takoyaki- yum yum.
4.) Got almost all of our cosplay stuff that was needed.
5.) Got pictures of Amano.

Want a small look at Amano and his creations? Sorry I wasn't able to take any other photos of the summit, I wasn't really honestly interested and I felt weird asking the Lolita cuties for their photos but I was asked to have a photo taken of me... It was rather odd! I wasn't even in costume. .____.



Photos from Summit:  photobucket.com/jpopsummit09

Also; for those who are curious, I have photos from Kin-Yoobi 09 here: photobucket.com/kinyoobi09

No comments:

Post a Comment

When commenting please remember to use common sense! Keep all NC17 comments to yourself, do not advertise or troll/flame. Moderation is in place, however Anon is allowed.

Welcome!

Welcome to Foxberry's Con Report! Feel free to leave a little note or comment on any of my blogs. I will be reporting from local area Japanese Anime Conventions and various other events, so be sure to check in usually the day after an event!