Sunday, October 25, 2009

Event Report: Hetalia Day 09

Alright heroes!! Event-Report time naow!!


So yesterday I attended the NorCal Hetalia Day Meetup.


We arrived at the meeting place around 10:16 or so and not so many people arrived... I was afraid it was going to be a weak meetup. However, I was greeted by a very nice Lithuania right off, as I was cosplaying Estonia. X3


After chatting a little with Lithuania and the others, more people showed up and the day became crazy! We really didn't have anything planned but we ran around the square enjoying ourselves and I think amusing a good deal of tourists. So many pictures from random people. ^__^ It was rather cute.


Instead of going into too much detail because I can't remember everything we did... I'll just go over some of the main points in my overall summary which I'm apparently doing first lol.


Lithuania and I tried to find Lavatia... We could not. We tried to adopt Sealand, but he ran away... We're not that scary are we?


Then we played relay with Russia's pipe... Not the smartest thing to do really now that I think about it.


After goofing of a little my Nii-san decided to well... Take over Russia!! YOSH! Right!? Of course Lithuania and Estonia could do that... Right? Right? So I, being the BEST brother could be... Meandered right on up to Russia and jabbed him in the arm and demanded that HE become ONE WITH THE BALTICS! Actually... I lied.


Lithuania hid behind me, shoving me toward Russia, whispering to me to poke him. Of course I argued, saying that the OLDER brother should be the one to do this... Needless to say I ended up poking him and became a studdering mess. Need I tell you that Russia is a very tall and intimitating man? Before I could even get out for him to become ONE with the Baltics... He cried out BECOME ONE WITH RUSSIAAA!!?? In his cute... scary childish tone... Lithuania and I fleed squealing like girls.


After this, Lithuania and I became the prize for the fight between Old Man Turkey and Russia. Neither won nor lost... I became property apparently of Turkey as did another Lithuania... The other Lithuania that I hung around with mostly ended up being pulled away by Russia along with China. So Liet was apparently split.


FINALLY after quite a time we went out to eat. We walked around the Japanese mall trying to find food... People didn't want us apparently. We ended up splitting our group of 42 into 24 apparently and ATE foodz with "Team America"... Or in my opinion it was "Team Russia!" since I think Russia chose our place to eat. XD But we ended up going to Iroha. I got to sit with one of the Chinas that we met ironically on the bus but wasn't aware that the China was cosplaying... China. XD Also sat with Sailor Italy and my boyfriend. I ate pork ramen... It was yummy.


Mel (Turkey in Turbin) called, met us at Iroha but went off to wander with Celina (Canada) and Julie (America). We returned to the Peace Tower after telling Mel we were going to the Purikura booths... Butttt we didn't do that anyway. However before we did this, we ended up being stopped by a Japanese cosplayer who wasn't aware of the Hetalia meeting and we were filmed for her cosplay blog on youtube... If anyone sees us link me? I'm curious. X3


Anyway met up with Mel, brought Mel back to the others and continued our day. Ended up almost leaving three times wanting to go home but we kept getting side tracked. The first time we almost left was because when we got back from getting milk tea everyone vanished... But we then found them at the Purikura! And we took photos there. Then we nearly left AGAIN! But ended up getting stopped by my Austria friend that I met at Kinyoobi. So we hung around for a while, we were going to leave again but China (Gloria) apparently had some issues with her ride. So we told her we'd take her to the BART. Good thing we hung around.


For the rest of the time we hung out with everyone else and acted silly and enjoyed the evening. We said goodbye to our wonderful Countries and went to take Gloria and her friend to the BART, but stopped by Payless and Spirit for cosplay supplies. Then we said goodbye to Gloria and wished her and her friend well... And took our BART ride home... Got food and a deepfryer and went to bed. ^_^


Pros: Far too many to list, it was an overall WONDERFUL EVENT! I hope to do it soon.
Cons: None~!


Stars: ***** Just an absolute wonderful time! Thank you all!


PhotoAlbum: Hetalia Day 09
Videos: Prussia's Pocky Dance Indiana F. Jones vs. Authur Kirkland

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm part of an organization name GZR that host Anime and Video Game Conventions, Tournaments, Contest, Interviews and Reviews, and more events. We are currently looking for feedback and people who share a common interest in either anime or video games (if not both). Part of our feedback is finding out the Pro's and Con's you've seen in cosplaying and anime conventions? What you would like to see at conventions? And also what conventions you've attended or plan to attend, if any? The feedback would be greatly appreciated and will help in bringing together anime fans like yourself. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!,

    This is Dana from Foxberry's Convention Report on blogger.com, you've recently sent me a few questions on my blog,

    I'd be happy to answer your questions.


    A few of the pro's and con's that I've seen through my various experiences with conventions would have to be;


    Pro's: -Unique experiences from all conventions, no one convention is the same.

    -Interesting events, usually there is one or two events that blow my socks off, so to say.

    -Wonderful attendees! I can usually find people to relate with no problem at conventions and events.


    Con's: -Organization with the staff. Usually there seems to be some sort of conflict at least at one event for every convention I've gone to. I've recently attended yaoi-con and I ranted a little on that in my latest blog.

    -Attendees, while some are wonderful there are others who are con creepers or fangirls who love to glomp and break my spine. Nothing the convention can really do about the attendees other than cracking down with security! ^_^ And outright banning glomping.

    -Snarky staff members, while not a huge issue all the time I have ran into several people who think that they can treat con attendees how they want because they hold power in the convention.


    What would I like to see at conventions? More interesting events! I love panels to say the very least, informative things always keep me on my toes. I'd also like to see glomping being removed from conventions if possible and stricter staffers when it comes to this. I have seen more hurt and trouble come from glomping in my convention experiences to see that glomping is not a good thing.

    Conventions I've been to: Animazement 09, Kinyoobi 09, Anime Destiny 09, and Yaoi-Con 09
    Attending in the future: Animation On Display 10, Cherry Blossom Festival 10, Fanime 10 OR Animazement 10, Kinyoobi 10, Anime Destiny 10, Yaoi-Con 10

    Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!

    -Foxberry

    ReplyDelete

When commenting please remember to use common sense! Keep all NC17 comments to yourself, do not advertise or troll/flame. Moderation is in place, however Anon is allowed.

Welcome!

Welcome to Foxberry's Con Report! Feel free to leave a little note or comment on any of my blogs. I will be reporting from local area Japanese Anime Conventions and various other events, so be sure to check in usually the day after an event!